Thursday, July 4, 2013

‎#HappyMoments A 30-Day Challenge, Day 22

I wonder how other countries celebrate their independence day.  It doesn't keep me up at night and I'm sure that I could find out by surfing the web, but I'm pretty sure that people do something beyond having a barbecue and stores don't use it as an opportunity to have another sale to generate business. 

Since we are living in the middle of a construction zone and our summer of relaxation is getting more and more stressful each day, we decided to bypass the early-morning township fun run and sleep-in instead.  We took the kids to Turtleback Zoo for two hours of stingray touching and train and carousel riding and then out for hamburgers (should you happen upon 25 Burgers in Bound Brook, do yourself a favor and keep driving).  When we got home the kids played and I napped.  We capped off the day by walking down to the end of our street and watching the township firework display. 

This has been a year of firsts...first big interior construction project, first summer of seasonal unemployment, and first holiday spent without our extended family.  I like when our little family is alone together and we have time to enjoy the day and each other without fuss and work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment