Sunday, July 7, 2013

#HappyMoments A 30-Day Challenge, Day 25

As the proverb goes, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  Well, no work and all play make Cara and RJ people who have a sloppy yard and no food.  So we worked today and our summer of fun took a hiatus for the day.  J visited Grammy and RJ did four hours of yard work in the blazing heat, but now the bamboo planted by the previous owners is at bay, the weeds are gone, the neighbor's ivy is detangled from our fence, and moth balls have been disbursed to deter the groundhog, aka Fatty, to resume habitation under our shed.  C and E accompanied me to Costco and Shoprite and a good time was had by them only.  I cleaned out the fridge, juiced the remaining fruit from last week for tomorrow's breakfast, baked chickens, and tried my hand at mango margaritas.  The margaritas were a little meh, so I don't think they will be the signature drink of our new deck...but they were a good use of our too ripe mangoes and new bottle of Jose Cuervo.  Today is one of those days that I must remind myself that a hectic day at home (with errands - yuck!) is better than even a good day at work.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that today was a special day for RJ and me.  Thirteen years ago I was given to RJ by my father and RJ decided to cleave to me and not his mother...kind of funny/weird/outdated/misogynistic when you break it down that way.  Anyway, thirteen years of joy and sorrows of marriage, three kids, two jobs, an apartment and two houses, five cars, a masters degree, a PE license, half a doctorate, LEED accreditation, two hurricanes, two surgeries, five grandparents and one parent laid to rest, laughing, crying, yelling, and worrying, and there is no one else I would want to accompany me on this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment