Tuesday, July 9, 2013

‪#‎HappyMoments‬ A 30-Day Challenge, Day 27

Today was basically a 'groundhog day' of yesterday.  The kids rode bikes and went to the spray park while I stayed home, washed dishes, dealt with the contractor and tried to write.  I made some headway and I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  All in all, it was a productive day and with tomorrow also dedicated to writing, I think I'll be able to send my draft to my advisor soon and
put this seemingly endless part of the doctorate behind me.

RJ had golf plans, so it was just the four of us for dinner.  I was hoping to either take the kids to the outdoor movie in Fanwood or on a walk to DQ for a treat, but a peek outside showed that both wouldn't end well.  I had treats in the freezer so the kids picked their favorite and we headed outside to enjoy.  I should stop taking pictures of the kids when they eat ice cream...I always think I'll get a picture of them looking happy or excited, but I always get one of them looking like they are in a deep meditative state.  Maybe that's the secret of life - sit down, relax, eat an ice cream cone, and the knowledge of the universe will come to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment