Friday, July 12, 2013

‪#‎HappyMoments‬ A 30-Day Challenge, Day 30

So, today is the last day of the challenge.  The weather was questionable for the pool or spray park, but perfect for the mountain of laundry that accumulated during the past week or two.  A day of laundry wasn't fun, but it freed up our weekend so we can have a lot of fun as a family and make nice memories.  Plus, since I washed it all, RJ gets to put it all away...what else could be happier?!?

I agreed to 30 days of happy moments but I didn't think that I would be able to do it.  Overall, I'm kind of cranky, cynical, sarcastic, and generally miserable (yet I have friends, family and colleagues who like me, so what does that say?!?)  In 30 days I was reminded of what I knew but often forgot: life is about working to live, not living to work; most of the things we worry about aren't really important and we should let them go; and being on the treadmill with 50-60+ hour weeks, year after year, is unhealthy and we all need a sabbatical from our job so we can relax and re-energize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment