Monday, July 8, 2013

‎#HappyMoments A 30-Day Challenge, Day 26

This is becoming a summer of "Childless Monday's."  Like last week my Dad took the kids, today for their swim lesson, playtime at the pool, and then an afternoon of typical indulgences by grandparents - too much TV, candy, and general spoiling, so I could write and be productive around the house.  Like most writing days I've planned, the day was hijacked.  Our contractor was back in full force and ready to work, so it was a noisy day of hanging drywall, digging for concrete footings, getting measurements for stairs, and singing.  A lot of progress was made today and I'm excited for the week's plans - painting the bathroom and installing the subfloor and tile, painting the family room, and pouring the footings for the deck.  I'm hoping the project will be completed before our vacation so we can enjoy the rest of the summer in our updated family room and yard.

J and E have dominant personalities and monopolize much of my time.  C was feeling a little unappreciated and ignored so we spent extra time together this morning and before bed playing games, reading books, and just hanging out.  C was definitely much happier when he went to bed and I was too.

A friend reminded me that today is a new moon, a time to build new things and be spontaneous.  RJ and I sat down the with kids and wrote a bucket list for our summer, as this summer is different than our previous summers, and we are embracing the change, spontaneity, and enjoyment of the simple things in life.  We're hoping to have a new blog up tomorrow to chronicle our summer of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment