Friday, July 5, 2013

#HappyMoments A 30-Day Challenge, Day 23

Our fence was fixed today.  One would think that repair of a chain link fence after a storm would be completed quickly and with little fuss, but between our neighbor waiting four months to clear her trees off our fence and the fencing company taking four months to finally show for the repair, we finally have remedied the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.  RJ and I have talked about the fencing endlessly for months.  If the feds were bugging our house, I think they would be very disappointed to find new chain link and not a house full of stolen goods...or at least Zorro.  It's nice to have finally remedied the problems of the fall before the next hurricane season starts.

Fencing delayed our plans, but we finally got to the pool.  C had a date with Grammy, but J and E were happy to splash around and play with the friends they made today.  I didn't have one pool day last summer, so I was happy to sit on the side and catch some sun (too much on my thighs - ouch!).  I think the kids were surprised to see me in the pool and able to swim underwater...little do they know I swam competitively for years. 

The sunburn made me think that maybe I should make a list of things I want to accomplish this summer.  Defending my proposal and starting my research is on the list, but what else?  Running?  Yoga?  Not everything should be serious, so maybe getting a tan on my thighs since I probably haven't had one since I was a kid.  Maybe that will be tomorrow's post...

No comments:

Post a Comment