Thursday, June 13, 2013

#HappyMoments: A 30-day Challenge. Day 1

Today, I, along with my colleagues and friends Sarah Beth and Rosi, decided to endeavor in a 30-day challenge.  What could we do that would link us together in some way and help us grow as we move and begin a new job (Rosi at Williams College), write a dissertation proposal over the summer and not feel abandoned by her two favorite lunch buddies at Bishop House (Sarah Beth), and enjoy much-anticipated seasonal unemployment with her kids while conducting interviews for a dissertation (me).  30 days of running seemed unlikely, especially considering the heat, humidity, and chance of thunderstorms that seem to be the daily weather report of New Jersey summers.  30 days of lunching, a challenge we never officially endeavored but probably met many times over, was also not an option.  What could help us be more positive and help us grow?  30 days of documented HAPPY MOMENTS was born.

I love Bikram Yoga.  I love everything about it - the poses, the packed room, the heat, and even the sweating.  My favorite part though is the daily meditation what is read by the instructor.  Each passage speaks to me, some reminding me how far I have come and others reminding me how much further I need to travel on my journey.  Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul by Melody Beattie makes me happy, not just today, but every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment