Tuesday, June 25, 2013

#HappyMoments A 30-day Challenge Day 13

Today was the last day of school and I'm not sure who is happier, RJ, me, or the kids.  I don't think I could stomach one more day of school dropoff and pickup, homework, and various school communication.  My summer starts on Thursday at 5pm and I can't wait for two months of enjoying the children and filling in the gaps of what was missed in school, making headway on my dissertation, organizing the house, and finding balance (if there is such a thing).  I stopped myself several times today from writing a to-do list for the summer because I envisioned a tome with endless chores and errands that I would never accomplish and beat myself up about.  So I think, instead, I should follow the to-do list given to me from a colleague and friend because I think it will help me have an enjoyable, peaceful, and truly enlightening summer:
  • Count my blessings
  • Practice kindness
  • Let go of what I can't change
  • Listen to my heart
  • Be productive yet calm
  • Just breath

No comments:

Post a Comment