Monday, June 17, 2013

#HappyMoments A 30-day Challenge. Day 5

I'm a bit of a foodie.  I like to cook, eat, read cookbooks, food blogs, and browse produce and farmers markets.  This year I purchased a share in a local CSA.  I like stopping at the local farm stand on Friday mornings and being surprised by the goodies found in my share box.  Zucchini and yellow squash have been included for the past two weeks.  I like both and after the kids went up to bed, I decided to shred them and make my gluten-free version of the zucchini tot recipe from Skinnytaste.  This was a happy moment for many reasons.  First, I had some much needed solitude in the kitchen - I get little alone time.  Second, I purchase the food share with the expectation that I'll be able to make creative and healthy food and I was actually able to do that - wow!  Third, I didn't have enough mix to make more large tots, so I made tiny ones that I think are adorable and they make me smile.  And,  what I'm most excited about, I'll have yummy squash tots to share with my family and friends tomorrow!



 






No comments:

Post a Comment